Saturday, July 26, 2014

Chocolate



I recently started releasing my books as audiobooks on Audible. Amazingly, despite zero promotion on my part and an inflated price tag – over which I have no control, I hasten to add –, I have already sold two, yes, TWO, copies of Spanish for Rhythmic People! Even more amazingly, however, it would appear that they intend paying me in chocolate bars:


Naturally, I queried this, and I asked whether I might choose an alternative form of payment, given that chocolate gives me migraine. I pointed out that I would be perfectly happy to be paid in bottles of wine and/or whisky. They haven’t got back to me yet.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
191
COge las maLEtas, nos VAmos
Get the cases, we’re leaving

192
COMpra unos HUEvos camPEros
Buy some free range eggs

193
¡DADme mi diNEro, caBRONes!
Give me my money, you bastards!

194
¡DEja de juGAR con tu PElo!
Stop playing with your hair!

195
HOY es el ayER de maÑAna
Today is tomorrow’s yesterday

196
NAdie enTIENde mi LIbro
Nobody understands my book

197
¡OStras! ¡La somBRIlla se VUEla!
Blimey! The parasol’s blowing away!

198
¿QUIÉN se ha lleVAdo mi SIlla?
Who’s taken my chair?

199
¿VAmos a la PLAya, AMAia?
Shall we go to the beach, Amaia?

200
¿VOY recogiENdo, caRIño?
Shall I start tidying up, darling?

Spanish for Rhythmic People, Pattern 20, “DUM-di-di di-DUM-di di-DUM-di


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hey Hannay! Your comment got through! Thanks for popping by x

      Delete
  2. Bounties?
    Have we gone back in time to the bartering system?
    I know Amazon like to keep their authors under the heel, but that's ridiculous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, Reggie. We would appear to have gone full circle. Mind you, I rather like the idea of being paid in chocolate, don't you?

      Delete
  3. Really love this, Mike! What a funny book. Hope you can swing the payment arrangements!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks, Gerry. You're far too kind x

      Delete