Friday, June 29, 2012

Tired Of Toein' The Line

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK9ijYgqKx0

Exhibit A: My Big Toe


1) June 18: attacked by umbrella stand while trying to prevent ironing board falling on head. (Long story.)
2) June 20: attacked by sunbed on trying to move it three and three-quarter inches to left for darling wife.
3) June 22: attacked by wife's left sandal as she stepped back to allow Russian coach party into hotel lift.

------------------------------------------

From: craphead@looniversallearning.com
To: askamanda@looniversallearning.com

Hi, Amanda

I think my boss fancies me because she is always stopping me in the corridor or, worse, calling me into her office for “a quick chat”. Whatever it is, it’s almost always something trivial or petty. I wouldn’t mind if I had nothing better to do, but all these pointless meetings stop me from getting on with my work or doing something actually worthwhile.

I’m an attractive male in the prime of my life, whereas my poor old director is knocking on a bit, so I can understand her motives to some extent. I don’t want to hurt anybody’s feelings, but she really is a right pain in the arse and I’m at my wits’ end.

How do you advise?

Simon

------------------------------------------

Hello again, “Simon”

Hasn’t it ever occurred to you that the real reason Miss Snapper keeps nagging you is not because she finds you attractive, but simply because you never do anything she asks you to?

Try toeing the line occasionally, Colin; you’ll be amazed by the results.

Amanda

(dayrealing, ch. 32, Jersey Girl)

No comments:

Post a Comment